[Nfbk] FW: [Nfbnet-master-list] The NFB "Where The Blind Work" Needs Science, Technology, Engineering and Math Job Descriptions

Cathy cathyj at iglou.com
Wed Mar 23 20:08:02 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: nfbnet-master-list-bounces at nfbnet.org
[mailto:nfbnet-master-list-bounces at nfbnet.org]On Behalf Of David Andrews
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:10 AM
To: nfbnet-master-list at nfbnet.org
Subject: [Nfbnet-master-list] The NFB "Where The Blind Work" Needs Science,
Technology, Engineering and Math Job Descriptions

The NFB ?Where The Blind Work? Needs Science, Technology, Engineering and
Math Job Descriptions

Think of our Youth SLAM program, our push to engage and inspired the next
generation of blind youth to consider careers in science, technology,
engineering, and math.

We need descriptions of all types of jobs which fall within the realm of
these STEM positions: science, technology, engineering, and math. We need
information of duties, how you do them, qualifications to get in, and what
helped you succeed. Your description will be added to the NFB?s ?Where The
Blind work,? a new and ever growing resource of career descriptions and how
the blind compete within them. This is a great resource to assist youth to
plan for future employment and for the adult who is looking to change jobs
and/or careers.

Your description must follow the below five question format:
When completed please email them to me at newmanrl at cox.net

 (A * indicates a required field):

1. * Name, * Industry in which you work, * Job title, Address 1, Address 2,
City, State, Zip Code, Phone number, E-mail,

* 2. Please explain to us what any worker would do on this job (specialized
blindness alternatives will appear below).

* 3. Please tell us the cause of your blindness. Then, let us know about the
alternative methods and/or techniques you use to perform your job.

* 4. Please let us know of any required special training, education,
certificates, experience, etc. needed for this job.

* 5. Please tell us about anyone or anything that aided you to be
successful.

(A joint project between the Jernigan Institute and the NFB Writers?
Division; for all people)

Visit the ?Where The Blind Work? at-

http://www.nfb.org/nfb/Blind_Work.asp?SnID=28992349