[Nfbk] courage

Joey Couch ki4vjd at gmail.com
Sat Sep 3 12:30:49 UTC 2011

Courage Delivered By: Lloyd D. Newell
It’s remarkable what we can accomplish if we have courage, if we
refuse to be afraid. Fear is a toxic feeling that can consume
self-confidence, dampen hope, and keep us from doing our best or
sometimes even trying at all.

Courage, however, can bring out the best in us. It doesn’t mean we
will always win. Courageous people learn how to grow from unsuccessful
efforts. They succeed more often and at higher levels because they are
willing to try—and then to keep trying.

Courage is required in every aspect of life. It certainly takes great
courage for a soldier to go into battle, but it also takes great
courage for a child to move to a different city, start school again,
and make new friends. Courage is clearly needed to fight fires and
enforce the law, but courage is just as necessary to wage a battle
against despair and defeat, loneliness and loss. Sometimes just
getting up in the morning, going to work, and doing our daily tasks
can be courageous victories!

Courage helps us deal with the fears and difficulties of life. If we
are to survive life’s challenges and grow all that is good in our
life, we cannot be ruled by fear. And so, there is no real happiness,
no real peace, apart from courage.

Very often we don’t realize how courageous we have been until an
event, trial, or adversity is over. In hindsight, we see courageous
moments that unfolded like banners of bravery. Then when life presents
new hardships, we can draw strength from those courageous moments and
remember them.

 As we face new challenges, as we move along the life course and grow
older, courage can be our trusted companion all along the way.

--
Joey Couch
phone 606-216-8033.
email ki4vjd at gmail.com