[Nfbk] Transportation Stories ...

John Glisson j.glisson at insightbb.com
Tue Apr 24 01:07:47 UTC 2012

Dear Friends,

We, 'the disability right advocacy network', need your transportation
stories - the good, bad and the ugly!!!  Please respond to the request
below:

The National Council on Consumer Advocacy of the Association of University
Centers for Disability has a blog site which focuses on compiling personal
stories of challenges within access to public and para-transit for persons
who happen to have a disability.   I would encourage your folks to add their
stories and suggestions for any universal or systematic improvements that
could be made to transportation programs!!  Below is the link

<http://adaparatransit.blogspot.com/2012/02/ada-para-transit-universal.html>
http://adaparatransit.blogspot.com/2012/02/ada-para-transit-universal.html

Thank you and your members for input into this site which does want to look
at universal problems and solutions to transportation and para-transit
problems!!

Marybeth N. Vallance, MSW,  CSW, ACSW

Pre-Service Training Coordinator & Social Work Director

U.K. Human Development Institute

102 Mineral Industries Building

Lexington, KY   40506-0051

859-257-3360

Marybeth.vallance at uky.edu

http://adaparatransit.blogspot.com/2012/02/ada-para-transit-universal.html

Please share with others far and wide .

Thank you for participating in making transportation for people with
disabilities better for those who come along behind us, not to mention those
of us who haven't left yet!!!

John g.