[Nfbk] BRL Drawings,Special Offers and More Great Books

Nickie Pearl njp at insightbb.com
Mon Feb 20 12:17:06 UTC 2012

-----Original Message-----
From: April Enderton
Sent: Friday, February 17, 2012 8:30 PM
To: April Enderton
Subject: [Chapter-presidents] BRL Drawings,Special Offers and More Great
Books

Please distribute to all who can benefit from Braille:

BRL Drawings, Special Offers and Lots of Great Books
March-April 2012

  Spring is in full bloom at Beulah Reimer Legacy, (BRL.) The birds are
flying northward and our books are flying off the shelves. Along with the
promise of warmer weather, BRL is heating up with more great books and
special offers. BRL's mission is to increase Braille literacy and reading
opportunities by placing Braille in the hands of eager readers.
  In addition to our print/Braille picture books, BRL sells print/braille
flash cards. Our math cards are a great way for children to learn their
addition, subtraction, multiplication and division facts. We also sell
colors, shapes and opposites; sight words; first words; rhyming words;
numbers and alphabet cards. At five dollars a set, our flash cards are a
bargain for children and for adults learning Braille.
  All BRL books are brailled in contracted (grade two) Braille with clear
plastic strips which are placed on top of the printed text. Our word flash
cards are written in both grade one and grade two Braille so that readers
can learn spelling as well as the contracted forms of words. Our materials
are all shipped free of charge. Please allow two weeks for delivery within
the United States.
  What makes BRL a leading resource for the most popular print/Braille
children's picture books is our dedication to offering a large variety of
high-quality books at affordable prices. We do this by creating more ways to
put Braille at your fingertips.

SPECIAL PROMOTIONS
Leap Day Readathon
February 29
  Anyone who spends 29 dollars or more on BRL books and/or flash cards on
our website on Leap Day will receive a free BRL book of their choice, valued
at six dollars or less. You may list the title of your free book in your
order or include it in an e-mail message.

Beulah Reimer Legacy Drawing
May 12
  To commemorate the birthday of Beulah Reimer, the woman for whom BRL was
named, we will hold a drawing for a free book. The lucky winner may choose a
book from our growing collection or he/she may ask BRL to braille a book of
their choice. How does one qualify for the Beulah Reimer Legacy drawing?
Easy! You need only purchase a BRL book between January 1 and May 12, 2012
for your name to be automatically entered in the drawing.

BRL Book Give Away
  What happens to the books BRL decides not to sell? We give them away, of
course. Not all books measure up to our high standards. Therefore, when we
have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day, you benefit! BRL gives
away books that have Braille errors or other minor problems that would not
be easy to correct. Announcements of BRL book give aways are posted on the
Beulah Reimer Legacy page on Facebook and are given away on a first come,
first serve basis.

Other services BRL offers
  Is there  a book that you would like brailled which is not in our catalog?
If so, let us know. We may be able to Braille it for you. During the past
year, BRL has added Braille to several books upon request.
  Ever want to do a little brailling on your own? No problem. BRL has free
paper snippets that we will send to our customers upon request.
  Do you have a BRL book that has been loved a little too much? Would you
like to continue enjoying your favorite stories, despite wear and tear. BRL
is able to do some minor book repairs. If you are interested in this
service, contact us by e-mail or phone.
  BRL accepts checks, money orders and payment online via Pay Pal.
  If you have any questions about BRL or would like to place an order or
receive an e-mail copy of our most recent catalog, please use the contact
information below:

April Enderton
7758 Southeast 36th Street
Des Moines, Iowa  50320
Phone: 515-282-0049
E-mail:
endertona at wildblue.net
Website:
www.beulahreimerlegacy.com

  Easter is a great time to show friends and loved ones that you care. Our
books and flash cards make wonderful additions to any Easter basket. All
books listed below are six dollars unless otherwise noted and can be found
on our website:

20 BRL Books to Celebrate the Season

  Arthur's April Fool
- Marc Brown
Binky Barnes, the class bully is out to get Arthur. But Arthur gets even
when he plays an April Fool's joke on Binky.

  Clifford's Big Red Easter
- Nancy Parent (board book)
Join in the fun as Emily Elizabeth and Clifford make Easter baskets for
Clifford's friends.

  Clifford's Happy Easter
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford and Emily Elizabeth have all kinds of Easter fun from coloring eggs
to participating in an Easter egg hunt. Emily Elizabeth even has a funny
Easter dream about Clifford.

  Clifford's spring clean Up
- Norman Bridwell
Clifford decides to lend a paw and help Emily Elizabeth with spring
cleaning.

  Corduroy's Easter Party
- Don Freeman
Corduroy wants to believe in the Easter bunny. But, how can he know for
sure?

  Curious George at the Baseball Game
- Margret and H.A. Rey
In this fun-filled adventure, Curious George is up to his usual monkey
business. But, he becomes a hero when he helps a lost child.

  Dora's Easter Basket
Adapted by Sarah Willson
Dora and Boots are going on an Easter egg hunt. Can you help them find the
12 colorful eggs filled with prizes?

  Easter Eggs Everywhere
- Steve Metzger
When Easter bunny decides to buy an egg-painting machine from sly, old fox,
strange things begin to happen. This is a heart warming story in rhyme about
friendship and teamwork.

  Fancy Nancy's Elegant Easter
- Jane O'Connor
Fancy Nancy helps her family get ready for their Easter gala. Oh, no! Where
is the Easter bunny? This is a fun lift-the-flap book.

  Happy Easter Curious George
- Margret and H.A. Rey
Things get interesting when Curious George joins an Easter egg hunt.

  Helping-out Day?
Hooray!
by Suzy Spafford
When Suzy and her friends decide to clean up a classmate's house, they learn
a valuable lesson.

  It's Earth Day
- Mercer Mayer
Little Critter and his friends do many things to help save the planet
including collecting cans, bottles and newspapers. But, Little Critter gets
more than he bargains for when he invents a climate control machine.

  Sesame Street
A Perfect Picnic
by Sarah Albee
Come enjoy the sights and sounds of spring on a picnic with all your Sesame
Street friends.

  Snowmen All Year
- Caralyn Beuhner
This lighthearted poem describes some of the fun things snowmen might do if
they could stay around all year

  The Berenstain Bears and the Real Easter Eggs
- Stan and Jan Berenstain
Brother and Sister Bear go on an Easter egg hunt. But what they find is more
meaningful than all the candy and prizes.

  The Best Easter Eggs Ever!
by Jerry Smath
  Easter Bunny holds a contest to see which one of his helpers can paint the
best Easter egg.

  The Biggest Easter Basket Ever
- Steven Kroll
When the mayor of Mouseville announces a contest to see who can make the
biggest Easter basket, Desmond and Clayton get right to work.

  The Night Before Easter
- Natasha Wing
Ever seen an Easter bunny at work? This lighthearted story in rhyme
describes an Easter bunny's visit to the farm.

  When Will it be Spring?
- Catherine Walters
In this delightful tale, a little bear cub eagerly awaits spring.

  Zoe's First Book of Seasons (board book)
Come along with Zoe to Sesame Street as she discovers all the wonderful
things that make each season special.