[Nfbk] Hadley eConnect, February 23, 2012

Joey Couch ki4vjd at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 19:30:11 UTC 2012

From: The Hadley School for the Blind

This newsletter is best viewed in HTML format.
header image: eConnect from The Hadley School for the Blind

Seminars at Hadley Presents: Soup's On

Date: Thursday, March 1, 2012

Time:  10:00 AM CST, 16:00 GMT

Is there anything more welcoming than the smell of a hearty soup simmering on a
cold winter’s night? Join Seminars at Hadley as we discuss tips and techniques for
making family-pleasing homemade soups sure to warm your fingers, toes and the
inner spirit!

“Soup’s On!” panelists include Hadley instructors Patti Jacobson and Linn
Sorge, joined by guests Brenda Rice and Goldie Tarr, all of whom have presented
in our food series previously and are back by popular demand!

Contribute to the Resource List by sending your favorite soup recipe to
[1]feedback at hadley.edu. Moderator Dawn Turco will add a few of her favorites
during this 90 minute seminar. Join in the fun; then dig out that soup pot and
get cooking!

Space in this seminar is limited. Please only register if you know you are
available to attend so that others are not closed out. [2]To register for the
"Soup's On" seminar on March 1, follow this link.

Next Upcoming Seminar...

Seminars at Hadley Presents: PTSD, Depression and Success

Date: Friday, March 9, 2012

Time: 11:00 AM CST, 17:00 GMT

[3]To learn more about the "PTSD, Depression and Success" seminar on March 9
and register, follow this link.

ATTENTION  Braille Readers!

Coming soon... Hadley celebrates braille as we Spring Into Braille Reading!
Read a minimum of 100 single-sided pages of braille to be entered in a prize
drawing. Current and past Hadley students in all programs who read braille by
touch or by sight are eligible to participate. The drawing is open to domestic
and international students. The first prize winner will receive a Louis Braille
Uncirculated Commemorative Bicentennial Silver Dollar Coin and a $50 American
Express gift card. Four additional winners will each receive a $50 American
Express gift card. The program will run April 1 – May 31. Learn more in the
spring issue of Connection next month, or watch for details through eConnect
and the Hadley Web site.

Follow us on: [4]facebook logo
Facebook         [5]twitter logo
Twitter

[6]About Hadley    [7]Enroll Now    [8]Donate Online

footer image: 'Lifelong Learning since 1920' The Hadley School for the Blind,
700 Elm Street, Winnetka, IL 60093, 800-323-4238, www.hadley.edu