[Nfbk] Some humor for your Tuesday

Joey Couch ki4vjd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 17:09:50 UTC 2012

TEXAS BEER JOINT SUES LOCAL CHURCH OVER LIGHTNING STRIKE.....

A bar called Drummond's (in Mt Vernon, Texas) began construction on an
expansion of their building, hoping to "grow" their business. In
response, the local Southern Baptist Church started a campaign to block
the bar from expanding - petitions, prayers, etc. About a week before
the bar's grand re-opening, a bolt of lightning struck the bar and
burned it to the ground! Afterward, the church folks were rather smug -
bragging about "the power of prayer".

The angry bar owner eventually sued the church on grounds that the
church...."Was ultimately responsible for the demise of his building,
through direct actions or indirect means." Of course, the church
vehemently denied all responsibility or any connection to the
building's demise. The judge read carefully through the plaintiff's
complaint and the defendant's reply.

He then opened the hearing by saying: "I don't know how I'm going to
decide this, but as it appears from the paperwork that what we have
here is a bar owner who now believes in the power of prayer, and an
entire church congregation that does not."

All of us, at certain moments of our lives, need to take advice and to
receive help from other people.
~Alexis Carrel
Advice is like snow; the softer is falls, the longer it dwells upon, and the
deeper it sinks into the mind.
~Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Be gentle to all and stern with yourself.
~Teresa of Avila
Bears
A couple were vacationing in Yosemite. The wife expressed her concern about
camping because of bears and said she would feel more comfortable in a
motel. The husband said that he'd like to camp and to calm her concerns,
they'd talk to the park ranger to see what the likelihood of a bear
encounter would be.
The ranger told them, "Well, we haven't seen any grizzlies in this area so
far this year, or black bears, for that matter."
The wife shrieked, "There's two types of bears out here? How can you tell
the difference? Which one is more dangerous"?
The ranger replied, "Well, that's easy. See, if the bear chases you up a
tree and it comes up after you, it's a black bear. If it shakes the tree
until you fall out, it's a grizzly."
The motel room was quite nice.

--
Joey Couch