[Nfbk] 2012 ADA Rally

John Glisson jglisson at independenceplaceky.org
Wed Jul 25 17:42:57 UTC 2012

FRIENDS and COLLEAGUES!!!

Below is the copied version of the attached News Release regarding
tomorrow's ADA celebration in Frankfort at the Capitol!  I trust you'll join
disability rights advocates and visitors to celebrate the accomplishments
over the last 22 years and voice ACCESS needs that remain!

John Glisson

News Release

For Immediate Release

July 26, 2012

Contact:

Pamela Roark-Glisson, Executive Director

Independence Place, Inc.

1093 South Broadway., Suite 1218

Lexington, KY 40504

(859) 266-2807 (Office)

(859) 948-3663 (Cell)

Advocates Rally in the Capitol Rotunda for Equality, Progress, and Change

Frankfort, KY (July 26, 2012)

Disability rights advocates from all across the Commonwealth will rally in
the Capitol Rotunda at 700 Capital Avenue in Frankfort, Kentucky to
celebrate the 22nd anniversary of the signing of the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA).

Hundreds of Kentuckians who have a disability(s), along with family members,
friends, disability rights advocates, Legislators, and service providers
join to celebrate the accomplishments made through the ADA toward equal
access to Kentucky's goods and services for people with disabilities.  The
rally will honor our great state, Nation, men and women who have dedicated
their lives to preserve our rights and freedoms by  advocating for equal
access and removing barriers.

Join the celebration at 11 a. m. to learn about "Making Change", the
progress in our communities, and the distance yet to go to. Lead on in the
pursuit of equality for all Kentuckians with disabilities in the year for
change.

Independence Place, Inc.

1093 S. Broadway, Suite 121

Lexington KY 40504

(859)266-2807(Office/TTY)

(877)266-2807 (Toll Free)

(859) 335-0627 (Fax)

HTTP://www.independenceplaceky.org

The information contained in this E-mail may be privileged, confidential and
protected from disclosure.  If you are not the identified recipient any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited.  If you think
that you have received this email message in error, please inform the sender
and delete this message permanently from your computer files.  Thank you.