[Nfbk] Greater Louisville Upcoming Events!

Nickie Pearl njp at insightbb.com
Wed Nov 14 16:52:19 UTC 2012

Hello!

    The NFB of Greater Louisville’s November gathering will be held on Thursday November 29th at KSB in the Rec building from 7:30pm till 9pm.  We have invited the High School students from KSB so we could introduce them to the NFB.  The NFB has so many programs & seminars for students, not to mention the scholarship program.  Not only do the students need to know these things, they also need to know how the NFB is working on changing what it means to be blind.
    There will be ice breaker activities, Q&A & light refreshments.

    On Sunday December 9th, NFBGL will be hosting our annual Christmas party.  This year’s party will be held at MiMi’s Café, 615 S. Hurstbourne Parkway. The party will be held from 4pm till 7pm.  MiMi’s Café offers a variety of American favorites.
Santa will be visiting us again this year.  If you are bringing the kiddos & would like them to receive a gift from Santa all you need to do is; buy your child a gift, wrap it, mark it with his/her name & give it to a GL board member when you arrive.
We’re not leaving out the adults!  If you’d like to participate in the adult gift exchange all you need to do is; buy a gender specific gift (no more than $10), wrap it, mark it male or female & give it to a GL board member when you arrive.
    We are asking that you RSVP this year, so please call the talking bulletin board & let us know how many in your family will be joining us.  The bulletin board phone # is, 502-495-7130.  This is a great opportunity for you to bring that friend or family who has wanted to know what the NFB is all about.  If you have any questions about these upcoming events, please call the bulletin board @ 502-495-7130.

We hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!