[Nfbk] Thank You

Jennifer Hall jbh_1926 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 29 13:15:34 UTC 2013

Nickie,
Thank you for reminding us about the social media aspect.  However, I
didn't forget about it.  I used the Heytell App and told everyone on the
NFBK group the auction details.  I also asked you to announce my
Rock-A-Thon event I held last October 20-and nothing was ever posted to
facebook, twitter, or listserve.    This event is very important to me
and even though I use it as a personal fundraising event for the Murray
Chapter, I actually use it to promote Blindness-not an easy task in my
itty-bitty town where blind people are still seen as freaks of nature.
over the past 8 years, I have been able to hold this event six times and
passed out countless goodie bags (donated by American Printing House)
full of Newsline Brochures, Alphabet cards, Kernel books, and many more
NFB publications-only to have many of them thrown in the trash as soon
as someone found the nearest can.  In all those years, only one of my
Fedration family have said thank you for promoting the cause-Michael
Freholm.  It may not be the most elaborate of fundraisers, but I do my
best to educate while  raising funds for the chapter.

So, I am sorry if you did not get or listen to my Heytell message with
the details, but I always try and use that to let you guys know what is
going on in our area.  As a matter of fact, I will be doing two events
this month.  First, May 4, Derby Day in Salem.  I'll be selling Nachos
and Mint Julips  and passing out Newsline brochures from 10AM-3PM.
Then, on May 11, I'll be selling Mint Julips, pickles, & pickle pops at
the Herb Festival in Carrsville, KY-my mom's hometown.  My federation
family would be welcomed to join me anytime in these efforts!

Blessings,
Jennifer