[Nfbk] Fwd: about a research: University of California Davis‏

Kevin Pearl kvnprl at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 12 21:46:17 UTC 2013

Passing this along in case you want to participate.

Begin forwarded message:

Hello,

I am Mariko Yamamoto, working at University of California, Davis, USA, as
a postdoctoral fellow from Japan.
I'm sending this email after I learnt your group for people who have
disabilities and/or their families through Yahoo Groups.

This time I would like to let you know our research: "Role of dogs".
This study is to learn the outcomes of living with service dogs or pet
dogs for their partners/owners and their family members.
We will compare the answers from service dog partners with the the answers
from pet dog owners and non-dog owners.

I would really appreciate it if you could announce the web-based study to
the members in your group.
Here is the URL to the survey:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RQYZNHC (for persons who have disabilities
other than visual or hearing disabilities. including service dog partners,
pet dog owners, and non-dog owners)
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RMQJ6PV (for family members of service dog
partners)

Attached is the information of this study.

The results of this research will be shared with the countries such as
Japan where there are a few service dogs, to understand the broad benefits
of service dogs for people with various disabilities and their families.

Thank you very much for your time,
Mariko
Mariko Yamamoto, Ph.D.,
University of California Davis