[Nfbk] Rope Conversation Part 2

Kevin Pearl kvnprl at twc.com
Fri Jun 28 22:41:31 UTC 2013

Ashley Dahmke Erwin If it was in fact high schools students, that is not age appropriate sighted or blind. FOr elementary kids I get it, i would not mind at all for my son to hold a rope to learn to stay in line. in this situation both sides of the story need to be heard. KSB does NOT need any more negative publicity. I love that school dearly and instead of speculating someone should get the whole story before taking an issue to a very public place like facebook. Then if something needs to be said/done about it make it public.

Ashley Dahmke Erwin If said highschoolers were in fact denied their canes that is wrong, thats like taking away their eyes. but again all the facts need to be sorted though.

Austin Jones Marty Eugene Montgomery so you would say your against something but when it comes down to it you would do what you are against to save yourself

Kevin Pearl Since I wasn't there, I sure wish there was a student who could tell us what really happened.

Ashley Nicole Reynolds Who was the student you were talking about earlier?

Kevin Pearl Sorry, I wouldn't feel right sharing the name of a minor who is in a controversial situation. Hopefully, someone who was there can give their side of the story here.

Carla Ruschival Every story has at least two sides - often more. Experienced advocates know that it is first their responsibility to all concerned to first try to listen to both sides, or three or four sides, on an issue. Then there should be a sifting through the rhetoric to learn the true facts. Then, and only then, can it be determined what steps may be needed to solve a problem. Unfortunately, in this case, there appears to be no attempt to hear from persons with various perspectives on what happened. Sort of like jumping off a high ledge without knowing whether you will land in a sandpit, a pool of water, or on a concrete slab. The rusult of the jump may not be what you want at all, while a more considered approach could have far more positive and reaching results. Hopefully, Kevin, since you began this thread, you will be able to produce for us views from all sides so that we can truly know what occurred. Until then, I respectfully submit that we are wasting our time, acting with only limited knowledge, and jumping to conclusions that may or may not be correct.

Katie Adkins Carla, do you seriously think that we've not reached out to several people with the school to get their input as well? They know what's being discussed and the issues that not only us in this conversation have but also the concerns of some of the parents of the students. We would LOVE to hear their input as well but we can't make them give it.