[Nfbk] A student's account of the rope issue

Penny,Kayla null kcpenn01 at louisville.edu
Sat Jun 29 00:51:27 UTC 2013

This is a student's account of what happened at KSB and is part of the larger conversation that Kevin has sent out so far.  I'm just putting the first name since she's a minor.  For me this is the reason why what happened at KSB isn't okay.
Katie

Danielle<https://www.facebook.com/daieller>: I was one of the students that was there an the one high schooler that did not hold the rope had a lot of guts to put his foot down, I understand that most of you might agree with the whole fact that it was not a bad thing BUT I am 17 yrs old an four young ladys I would say they were in their 20"s an looked at us werid, I dont know about any of you all but this was my fisrt time at KSB an that upset me where I wanted to leave that night. I was in the work program there for two weeks an its crazy an upseting how they told us to hold a rope an walk they took pic an videos of us an if they say they didnt one of the students took a pick to prove it when it happen. I can see fine to where I know where i am going i dont use a a anything to help me walk so why should I have to hold a rope? All i am saying is ask an get info from the students like me that where there then people can agree or disagree and btw they said we had to hold it the came back an said the it was a team building actived if so then they should have told us when we got off the bus.like i said for my first time at KSB for two weeks I though that they where sposto help us get ready to be independent the work program helped me more on being independent more then the other things we did when I got off. And NO blind child should feel that way and I have really never been? talked to a blind child an I kinda feel sorry for the ones who dont know any better but to do what they are told. and they tried to get me to go full time i"m like if i get treated like this now then no i reather stay at PRP where I dont have to be walked around like a kindergarner. an noproblom anything to help the kids that go there now so they dont have to i well do it no child should be treated like that.