[Nfbk] NFBGL updates

Melanie Peskoe melaniepeskoe at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 19:10:29 UTC 2013

Hello everyone!

I can't believe it's the last week of October already. This has been a busy
and fun Meet the Blind Month. I want to give a big shout out and thank you
to everyone who has helped this month with our events. Every one of the
activities was a success and it couldn't have been so without your help. One
of the best things about the Federation is that when work needs to be done
we always have willing and eager members rolling up their sleeves to get it
done. Thank you to Josh Gentry, Ian Bray, Cathy Jackson, Tressie Smith,
Nickie Pearl, Maria Jones, Katie & Adam Atkins, Scott Spaulding, Denise
Franklin, and Jayne Seif - we did it! Thank you so much.

On Saturday November 16  NFBGL will host a chili cook-off and "how do you"
session from 5-8 at the KSB food service building (1867 Frankfort Ave). For
those of you who make a mean pot of chili get your crock pots ready and
enter this fun contest. You'll get a nice little prize and bragging rights
of course! I have attached an entry form that needs to be returned to me by
Monday, November 11 if you plan to enter. The judging of the cook-off will
not include enough food to constitute a dinner so plan accordingly. After
the cook-off for those of you who have ever been curious about loom
knitting, creating tactile art, or gift wrapping, you should stick around
for the "how do you" session where you can try your hand at one or all
three! As the event approaches I'll send updated information.

Lastly, I'd like to remind everyone that we have a few more days to text in
donations for our Meet the Blind Month campaign fundraising goal. We have
raised $130.00 so far! There are other states ahead of us and some states
are quickly approaching our amount. Help us keep them away - donate today!
All you need to do is text 41444 with your name, donation amount, and the
word BLIND and you'll receive a follow up text with a link to complete your
donation. Feel free to pass this information on to your friends and family
to help as well. These funds go toward national programs and initiatives
that benefit all blind people - let's give what we can to fund the movement!

Best regards,

Melanie

--

If you'd like to make a tax deductible donation to the NFB for our Meet the
Blind Month fundraising efforts during the month of October, you can do so

Melanie Peskoe, President

National Federation of the Blind of Greater Louisville

For more information:

Phone 502-495-7130

Facebook www.facebook.com/nfbgl

Technology Assistance Division www.nfbkentuckytad.org
<http://www.nfbkentuckytad.org/>

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further

Donate your car to benefit the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please visit: http://
<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call
1-855-659-9314