[Nfbk] NFBGL winner of the trip to state conention is

Melanie Peskoe mpeskoe at twc.com
Fri Sep 20 16:11:36 UTC 2013

Our very own madam president Cathy Jackson won the paid trip to the NFBK
state convention! Congratulations Cathy! Don't forget that for the rest of
us, NFBGL is reimbursing your $20 luncheon ticket so please make sure to let
me know when you have sent in your money to attend and we'll make sure to
reimburse you at the convention.

I also wanted to thank those of you who came out for the NFBGL event at the
Kentucky School for the Blind last night. We had a great time hanging out
with the students. We shared with them information about scholarships,
training centers, summer programs, conventions and more. We gave them our
USB wristbands and they really seemed to enjoy those. We also walked around
and talked with several of the students to get to know them. It was a great
night. I appreciate those of you who came out. I know it may not have been
the most fun or informative meeting for some, but it was an important
outreach event and by being there you were doing your part in showing those
kids what NFB is all about. I hope some of you are planning to attend the
White Cane Day events at Fourth Street Live on October 15th. If you'd like
to meet me there I'd love to have you sit with me at the NFBGL table. Just
let me know!

Thanks!

Melanie

Melanie Peskoe

Affordable Avon products with direct national shipping!

www.beautywithmel.com

Vehicle Donations Take the Blind Further

Donate your car to benefit the National Federation of the Blind today!

For more information, please visit: http://
<http://www.carshelpingtheblind.org/> www.carshelpingtheblind.org or call
1-855-659-9314