[Nfbk] some question

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Wed Sep 25 16:29:12 UTC 2013

Hi Kathy!
    Blind people reside in all corners of Louisville, depending on their living/family situation. Louisville does have a good transit system & reaches to surrounding counties. The Paratransit system though, has restrictions, such as, limited to drop offs/pick ups no more than 3/4 mile of a fixed route bus in Louisville (Jefferson County) If moving to Louisville is an option for you, you’ll just have to research an area to see if it fits your lifestyle & needs.  I’d be more than happy to help you with that, if/when the time comes.
Other popular places in Ky that appeal to you are,  Lexington, Frankfort, Ashland.  Although these cities are great & offer a great deal, you will find Louisville offers more in the way of transit, employment, entertainment etc. With that being said, Louisville will be a higher cost of living.
Each of these cities have a NFB chapter too.

Thanks!
Nickie