[Nfbk] NFBGL August Meeting Agenda

kayla.penny at louisville.edu kayla.penny at louisville.edu
Wed Aug 5 02:35:18 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I am attaching a copy of the Agenda for our August meeting.  Please remember that pizza and bingo will cost $5 and the board needs an RSVP from you by Thursday at 5 pm.  Also, this is the last month that we will be collecting school supplies to donate to Family Scholar House.  For every item you bring your name will be entered into a drawing a corresponding amount of times for a chance to have state convention paid for.

Katie

August 7, 2015
5:30-9:30 p.m.

  *   *         Ice breakers and Pizza
  *   *         A discussion of The Presidential Release*
  *   *         Announcements from NFBGL and Around the State
  *   *         Treasurer's Report
  *   *         Fundraising Committee Report
  *   *         A Summary of National Convention
  *   *         Meet Our National Leaders- Ever Lee Hairston
  *   *         Bingo

* In previous meetings there has been quite a bit of debate about what do with the Presidential Release, so this month we are going to try something different that was suggested to me by two of my mentors during National Convention.  Instead of playing the release during the meeting we are going to have a discussion about the material covered.  Everyone should listen to the release before they come to the meeting and come prepared to discuss what they heard.  This discussion needs to include the whole group, not just the board; if it appears as though most of the group hasn't listened to the release then I will go on and play it.    This month's release can be found at: https://nfb.org/images/nfb/audio/pr/pr441.mp3