[NFBK] NFB of Greater Louisville February Love Event.

Nickie Pearl njp at twc.com
Sat Jan 18 00:23:38 UTC 2020

What is it that many people think about during the month of February?  You guessed it.  It’s love.  Love is happy, and full of hope for a bright future.

That is why the NFB of Greater Louisville has chosen the month of February as Love Our BELL Children Month.

What is Bell?
BELL stands for Braille Enrichment for literacy and learning.  BELL Academies are nationwide summer programs sponsored by the National Federation of the Blind,   designed with literacy for blind children.  At the heart of everything taught.

Our Bell Children are blind and visually impaired children between the ages of four and twelve years of age who attend BELL Academy.  Our BELL children are full of love for learning and have in front of them, happy and bright futures.

The Month of showing our love will begin on Friday February 7th.    At our monthly meeting Held at the American Printing House for the Blind, 1839 Frankfort Ave.   From 6: pm. Until 9: pm.
This event will feature a chili cook off between some very competitive members of the Greater Louisville chapter.

We will hear from leaders of our KY Bell Academy, and from one of our former Bell participants.   This will be followed by the playing of Braille Games.  Don’t worry.  If you don’t know braille, anyone can play.  There will be Uno, scrabble, Left Right, Center, bunco, and cards of your choice.  Just to name a few.

The cost to attend this event will be a love donation of any amount you wish.  All donations will go directly to the Bell program.  There will also be split pot where the winner will receive half of the total proceeds of tickets sold for just$1 and the remainder of the proceeds will go to the Bell program.

Can’t attend?  Do you live outside of the Louisville Metro area?  No worries.  You can help too.  Just go to our web page, www.nfbgl.org,  during the month of February and make a tax deductible donation to our bell kids.  Just by clicking on the heart shaped button.  And donating.
So, show some love and join us on February 7th Our Bell Kids will love you for it.