[Nfbktad] Recording Streaming Audio

Kevin Pearl kvnprl at twc.com
Mon Jun 9 23:41:41 UTC 2014

From LifeHacker:
For whatever reason, recording the audio streaming through your computer—whether that's an internet radio station, video game music, or an online presentation—is always a pain to do. Digital Inspiration shows off a way to do it easily with Audacity and a couple cables.

Depending on your particular setup, what you'll need to do here differs. If you're on a Mac, you can just set up Soundflower software so you're recording your system's audio. If not, you can use Digital Inspiration's hardware solution that essentially runs your computer's audio output right back into the input. The nice thing about the hardware solution is that you don't have to futz about with audio settings and additional software. Either way, once it's set up, you can record that audio easily in a program like Audacity. Head over to Digital Inspiration for the full guide.

How to Record Streaming Audio with Audacity | Digital Inspiration

Kevin

---The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. NFB.ORG