[Nfbktad] FW: A SIMPLER SMART PHONE

Gatton, Tonia (OFB-LV) Tonia.Gatton at ky.gov
Tue Jun 10 12:22:25 UTC 2014

Forwarded Message:

A SIMPLER SMART PHONE

Below are links to 2 articles from the American Foundation for the Blind AccessWorld magazine which evaluates both the Project-Ray Smart Phone and the Odin mobile network provider. These articles can give a quick overview of these 2 related products. I heard a presentation on Ray at CSUN last March and have been a new user when I can find time to learn its simplified features. Personally, having been frustrated with the iPhone, I find this easier for me.
AccessWorld has an article: "An Evaluation of the RAY G300, an Android-based Smartphone Designed for the Blind and Visually Impaired" which is online at:
http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw140707

AccessWorld has another article on a unique network provider: "Odin Mobile: A New CellPhone Carrier Specifically for People Who Are Blind or Have Low Vision".
Odin Mobile is a nationwide provider of cellular service, and the first cell phone company dedicated to serving people who are visually impaired. It uses the T-Mobile network but they are a separate carrier. (It does not require a
plan.) This article is at:
http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw141008

Norm