[Nfbktad] Proposed Changes to the TAD Constitution

Todd E. testephens at independenceplaceky.org
Mon Sep 15 23:15:33 UTC 2014

Greetings Members of TAD,

I recently received an email off-list regarding Article IX: Dues. This
individual had some valuable feedback about the language in this section,
and we are most appreciative of these constructive suggestions. The TAD
board has taken the comments very seriously, and have reached a consensus on
what we feel is the most appropriate  language for the section entitled,
Article IX: Dues. If it all possible, we want to get it right the first
time, so that we aren't constantly making changes to the TAD Constitution.

Now, We will vote on the amendment to Article IX Dues as well as the
proposal for the new TAD Board Member, Program Manager at the TAD Business
Meeting at the 2014 Kentucky State Convention. There are currently 33
members in this division. If you have any questions, please let me know. You
can reach me at Todde.stephens at windstream.net.

Please disregard my prior email regarding sending your Yea or nay votes to
Scott Spaulding. My sincerest apologies to all for any confusion. You will
find the proposed changes to the TAD Constitution directly below.

*Proposed:

Adding one additional board seat. That position is Program Manager. This
person will be responsible for taking the lead on formulating and
implementing future blindness related assistive technology training agendas
and forums for TAD members. In addition, the Program Manager will spearhead
future training events with regard to blindness related assistive technology
for members in our community as well as other communities where there are
individuals with visual impairments.

Proposed:

ARTICLE IX: Dues

The dues of this organization shall be $5.00 per year payable in full at the
state convention. Dues may also be accepted during the fiscal year; however,
will never be pro-rated. To comply with: 501(c)(3) regulations, the Internal
Revenue Service, and to comply with standard accounting policies and
procedures.

Only those members who have paid dues in the time frame)previous KY State
Convention to the close of business(July 15 of the next calendar year) will
be entitled to vote, hold office, serve on committees, and speak on the
floor (or by other electronic means in the present TAD Board Elections and
Board Meeting.

The division shall forward $1.00 per year to the National Federation of the
Blind of Kentucky for each member no later than August 1.  No person may
vote who is delinquent in the payment of his/her dues.

.         Current:

ARTICLE IX: Dues

The dues of this organization shall be $5.00 per year payable in full at the
state convention. Dues may also be accepted during the fiscal year; however,
will never be pro-rated. To comply with: 501(c)(3), the Internal Revenue
Service, and to comply with standard accounting policies and procedures , no
dues will be accepted during the window after June 1st and prior to the TAD
Board Meeting held at the State Convention.

Only those members who have paid dues in the time frame)previous KY State
Convention to the close of business(June 1 of the next calendar year) will
be entitled to vote, hold office, serve on committees, and speak on the
floor (or by other electronic means in the present TAD Board Elections and
Board Meeting.

Dues collected at the State Convention will  always be collected at the
close of the TAD Board Business Meeting.

The division shall forward $1.00 per year to the National Federation of the
Blind of Kentucky for each member no later than August 1.  No person may
vote who is delinquent in the payment of his/her dues.

Very Best,

Todd