[Nfbktad] Microsoft Store

Kevin Pearl kvnprl at twc.com
Thu Sep 18 14:34:21 UTC 2014

MICROSOFT
WINDOWS
TROUBLESHOOTI
Share to Kinja
Share to Facebook
Share to Twitter
Go to permalink
Get free tech support and a free PC tune-up from the Microsoft Store.
They have a location in Oxmoor Center.

If you're running Windows and run into a problem, don't take it to a store that charges for repairs. You can get tech support, diagnostics, virus removal, and tune-ups for free at any Microsoft Store.

For comparison, these services cost $200just for virus and spyware removal from Best Buy's Geek Squad.

The free in-store services cover any software-related issues. Other services cost $49: hardware upgrades or installation, app installation, data backup migration, Windows 8.1 upgrades or installations, and OneDrive setup.

Even if you didn't buy your computer from the Microsoft Store, you're still eligible—including if you're running Windows on your home brewed PC (I called Microsoft to check).

If there are no Microsoft Stores near you, you can get remote tech support services from Microsoft, but they start at $99.

Answer Desk. At your service. | Microsoft Store

Kevin

---The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or your future. Every day we raise the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can have the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back. NFB.ORG