[Nfbktad] FW: [Nfbktad-board] {Disarmed} FW: NBP's 1st Technology Product is Launched-March eNews

Todd E. Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Tue Mar 22 12:46:52 UTC 2016

FYI!

The direct link is: http://www.nbp.org/ic/nbp/B2G-GRY.html.

Cheers,

Tod

From: Brian MacDonald, NBP [mailto:contact at nbp.org]
Sent: Sunday, March 20, 2016 11:01 AM
To: Felty, Lora
Subject: NBP's 1st Technology Product is Launched-March eNews

Having trouble? View this message on our website. <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=gDzl9KqJtN0qLxKNBksB_Q>

 <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=jvx7Ff2FdF9zYu16Ji8nBQ> 2011 eNews stationary

 <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=szerbTatSHpiWtvLcKKbwg> Forward to a Friend |  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=KikoMwE3cpiQxkJo0Lt8CA> Donate |  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=GncFcrKXKfzPV318KkI7BA> nbp.org

March 2016

Braille 2 Go (B2G) Now on Sale!

 Brian MacDonald showing Joe Q the b2g <http://nbp.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/brian_and_joe_q_from_FB.jpg>  The B2G is a portable, Android-based refreshable braille computer and optional smart phone, designed specifically for blind people. The B2G gives you the flexibility to add or remove apps, and to tailor your device the way that you want.

Our goal at NBP is to sell our books and products at the lowest price possible for our consumers. The B2G was created for this same purpose. NBP is selling the B2G directly from our website <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=ynKPpnwjpR2wYx1PSH1T_Q> , and by phone, with our great team of customer service and support staff.

The B2G is available in North America only at this time. A monthly payment plan is also available through PayPal.

Learn more <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=3GFBqXiupvdr8IzM4zC1sA>  about the B2G.

Farewell to Publisher, Diane Croft

 Diane Croft <http://nbp.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/diane.jpg> Publisher Diane Croft will step down in April 2016 after 34 years of service to NBP and to the blindness community. Diane is excited to embark on this next stage in her career, devoting full-time to publishing under a new imprint, Interleaf Press, and the release of her book on the collective unconscious this summer.

"I consider myself the luckiest person in the world to have had the privilege and honor of working in this community for so many years," said Diane. "At NBP, I work alongside a group of enormously talented, hardworking individuals, who care deeply about braille. Stepping away from what I know and love is hard, but change also brings new energy and creativity."

We will miss you, Diane, but know this next chapter in your career will be a wonderful journey. Good luck!

Read about career opportunities <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=b5PwWGH9Xp4ZKLBdOxziHA>  at NBP.

NBP is 89 Years and Counting!

 Front door of NBP with sign <http://nbp.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/NBP_front_door_with_sign.jpg> NBP is celebrating our 89th year of producing high quality braille!

In today's digital world, some may ask if braille is still relevant.

Our reply: nothing substitutes for the ability to read and braille is an essential tool in the process of becoming literate. Tape recorders and synthesized speech are useful tools, but they can't replace the ability to read and write.

Encourage your company, a restaurant you frequent, or those you do business with to produce their materials in braille. As Stevie Wonder said at the Grammy's, "We need to make every single thing accessible to every person with a disability." Well said, Stevie!

Learn about what can be brailled <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=-iyjxFEgHNYOMMmw1JQWCA>

Connect with NBP

 <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=Ai9_rt9Ghiu_jVCpdaNCqw> Facebook  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=JpI9A0njaJFz_N9xoiathw> Twitter  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=jGhPpuit8ea8Jewf15amEg> RSS Blog icon  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=C39YoaNVeuGP7_vAMeoCsw> YouTube icon  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=IcWocNfLf5mzz84SSjUH5w> LinkedIn icon

 <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=lZJgX6qanHucTWrqcgp6ug> Donate Now

 <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=XmNpQSdTOvSCd5Z0l1agew> Tell a Friend

Thank you!

 <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=Fhx5iSwJQK15qahJTBGbuQ> Wine tasting event in San Francisco

to all who attended our first Wine Tasting event in San Francisco!

 Life Alive employees show Wynter new braille menu <http://nbp.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/Hema_Rory_Wynter_thumbnail.jpg>

Watch what it means to have a menu in braille <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=RIdpihV2edzg_Pxtf2cA3w>

Great Expectations <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=3YhU_ph4Dl_dg74dXEJrzA>

 Bringing Picture Books to Life for Blind Kids

 Pete the Cat Rocking in my School Shoes book cover <http://nbp.convio.net/images/content/pagebuilder/petetheCat_RockingInMySchoolShoes.jpg>

Activities for blind kids <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=IAQjH0ggv8TPMsDV242rug>  centered around popular books like Pete the Cat!

 Web Bug from http://nbp.convio.net/site/PixelServer?j=C9I98VJTZrCyx-ogbLIWIA <http://cdn.mailscanner.info/1x1spacer.gif>

  <http://nbp.convio.net/images/spacer.gif>

 <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=xYZQ_8rSjG8oncTLBYoCBg> Powered By Blackbaud <http://nbp.convio.net/site/CO?i=gg5zXvrDvmrFK03a0sQVOtjFXXlWEg0H&cid=1041> Unsubscribe |  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=vVwN2vXHTH8UoJCJqh4laQ> Forward to a Friend |  <http://nbp.convio.net/site/R?i=KxYwNBk5izmUu5HPew9U5A> Visit our web site

National Braille Press. © 2013 All rights reserved.
88 Saint Stephen Street Boston, MA 02115-4302