[Nfbktad] NFB of Kentucky Technology and Business Symposium, Friday, September 22nd from 9 to 4

Todd E. Stephens todde.stephens at windstream.net
Thu Sep 14 15:38:20 UTC 2017

Greetings:

Are you visually impaired? Are you a loved one of someone who is visually
impaired? Are you a professional who works with individuals who have a
visual impairment? If so this training is for you!

Please note that the location of this symposium, the Hilton Garden Inn NE,
9850 Park Plaza Avenue
<http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/kentucky/hilton-garden-inn-lou
isville-northeast-SDFNEGI/maps-directions/index.html>
<http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/en/hotels/kentucky/hilton-garden-inn-lou
isville-northeast-SDFNEGI/maps-directions/index.html>, Louisville, KY. 40241
is located at The Summit.

Now, allow me to share three interesting statistics with you from Fact Sheet
Blindness and Low Vision| National Federation of the Blind:

v  Nonvisual access to computer technology is an ever-increasing challenge
for the blind. Most educational and employment opportunities are now and
will continue to be dependent on the blind individual's ability to access
and use a full range of computer and internet technology.

v  Just 1% of the blind population is born without sight. The vast majority
of blind people lose their vision later in life because of macular
degeneration, glaucoma, and diabetes.

v  A Gallup poll shows that blindness is the third most feared physical
condition in our nation, surpassed only by fears of cancer and AIDS.

These three startling statistics listed above are simply a notice/reminder
about why education and training for the blind and visually impaired are
vital to a successful outcome. With proper education and training, the blind
and visually impaired can live the Lives That They Want!

Please join us at the 2017 Technology and Business Symposium taking place on
Friday, September 22nd. The cost is $20, which includes lunch. For financial
assistance consideration, please do not hesitate to contact me, Todd
Stephens<todde.stephens at windstream.net>. We certainly don't want you to miss
this training due to financial challenges. Please make contact with me prior
to Friday, September 22nd. For all the details regarding this symposium,
please see the NFB Kentucky Technology Assistance Division website at
<Http://www.nfbkentuckytad.org> Http://www.nfbkentuckytad.org.

Whereas you will be registering on the day of this event, to ensure an
accurate lunch count, it would be best to RSVP by emailing your full name to
Todd<todde.stephens at windstream.net) or calling Todd at (859) 433-5023 by
Tuesday, September 19th.

We are looking forward to seeing all of you in attendance.

Respectfully,

Todd

Todd E. Stephens, President

NFB Kentucky Technology Assistance Division

Best Regards,

Todd E. Stephens, State Coordinator and Project manager

NFB NEWSLINE Kentucky

Cell: (859) 433-5023

Toll Free: (877) 410-4008

Fax: (502) 389-4838

Email: ToddE.Stephens at windstream.net

Website: http://www.nfbnewsline-ky.org

The information contained in this E-mail may be privileged, confidential and
protected from disclosure. If you are not the identified recipient any
dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited. If you think
that you have received this email message in error, please inform the
sender, and delete this message permanently from your computer. Thank you.