[Nfbktad] Help us get MathML support in Microsoft's Edge Browser

David B Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Sep 19 02:26:05 UTC 2017

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	[Athen] FW: Help us get MathML support in Microsoft's Edge
Browser
Date: 	Mon, 18 Sep 2017 15:40:24 -0700
From: 	Gaeir Dietrich <gdietrich at htctu.net>
To: 	'ATHEN' <athen-list at u.washington.edu>

*Subject:*Help us get MathML support in Microsoft's Edge Browser

Hello everyone,

A few of us here in the DIAGRAM community have been hard at work coming
up with the best way to get accessible math into EPUB and Microsoft’s
new Edge web browser has the ability to open EPUBs.  Unfortunately
MathML is currently not supported in Edge and we would like Microsoft to
expose the MathML contained within the EPUB (or mathML on the web
itself) to Assistive Technology.  There is a feature request to do this
and we need your help to help vote for this feature to get implemented.
  Here is the link to the issue
<https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/257854-microsoft-edge-developer/suggestions/6508572-mathml> and
where you can vote to get their developers to implement this much needed
accessibility feature.  Once you are on this page just click on the Vote
button and put in your name and email address and if you wouldn’t mind
selecting the 3 votes option to help us get this approved quickly.

Thank you for your vote on this!

Charles LaPierre
Technical Lead, DIAGRAM and Born Accessible

EOM

E-mail: charlesl at benetech.org <mailto:charlesl at benetech.org>
Twitter: @CLaPierreA11Y
Skype: charles_lapierre