[Nfbmd] Protest April 7!

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Tue Mar 31 18:08:35 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

As many of you know, the NFB is organizing a protest of the Author's Guild
in New York on Tuesday, April 7, from 12-2 PM.  This protest is in response
to the refusal of many authors to sell their books on Amazon.com to be
played using Text to Speech software included with the new book reader, the
Kindle 2.  In order to show the authors the importance of this issue, we
need a very strong showing for this protest.  Buses will leave the National
Center on the seventh at 7 AM, and will return at approximately 7 PM.
Spouses, significant others, siblings, children, etc. are all welcome!
Again, we need to have a strong showing because we want access to books now
and in the future.  If you can attend this event please get in touch with
Anne-Marie Laney.  She can be reached at 410-659-9314 ext. 2219, or via
email at alaney at nfb.org

Please also let me know if you are going.  Make sure to let Anne-Marie know
if you are bringing anyone with you, as she will need that information to
insure we have enough seats on the bus.

I hope to see many of you on the seventh!

Melissa