[Nfbmd] question 311 centers

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Fri Oct 23 12:46:09 UTC 2009

Hi list,

I have a technical  and job related question. As you may know that many
states and cities have setup a 311 call centers where people can call to
get information about services.

Here in Montgomery county MD we are setting up the same and I will be
one of the staff in such center answering calls.

Does anyone know of a blind person who works at the 311 center and or
have worked.

The technical question is that the computers will be connected with our
phone lines. I have seen that system work for blind people but I do not
know if the sieble system from Oracle system works with Jaws.

If anyone teche knows the answer please respond. I need to know by
Monday.

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Information & Referral unit
Department of Health & human services
401 Hungerford Drive (1st floor)
Rockville MD 20850
Phone 240-777-1245 (info line)
240-777-1556 (personal line)
Fax: 240-777-4636
TTY: 240-777-1295

Office hours 8:30 am to 5:00 pm

Languages English, Hindi, Urdu

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.