[Nfbmd] List serves

Amy Phelps aphelps at BISM.org
Wed Oct 6 19:13:47 UTC 2010

Judy, can high school kids participate?

Thanks!

Amy C. Phelps

410-737-2642

"...given proper training and opportunity, the average blind person can
do the average job in the average place of business and do it as well as
his or her sighted neighbor..." Freedom for the Blind, James H. Omvig

Confidentiality Note:  The information contained in this message may be
privileged and confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader
responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of
communication in error, please notify us immediately by replying to the
message and deleting it from your computer.

From: nfbmd-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:nfbmd-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Chwalow,Judith
Sent: Wednesday, October 06, 2010 3:12 PM
To: david.andrews at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [Nfbmd] List serves

PARTICIPANTS WANTED FOR RESEARCH!!!

While at the National Federation of the Blind of Maryland Convention on
October 22-24, 2010, we invite you to participate in a fun and easy
study to measure Braille reading styles.  The research is being
conducted by Towson University and National Public Radio with the
consultation of the NFB Jernigan Institute.  All that is required is for
you to read six short NPR stories on a refreshable Braille display and
answer questions about the stories.  The Refreshable Braille Display
will be provided at the session.   Even if you don't often read with a
Braille display, you can participate - we will provide a short training
session in the beginning if you need it.  The entire study should take
around an hour, depending on your reading speed, and you will receive
$40 for your time.  The session will take place at the Doubletree Hotel
in Annapolis, Maryland and we will schedule your participation at a time
that is convenient for you.  We hope you can find time in your busy day
to help us with this important research!

For more information or to schedule a time, please contact Mike Eskenazi
at meskenazi at npr.org or call 978 979 1479.

Judith Chwalow

Director of Research

NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND JERNIGAN INSTITUTE

200 East Wells Street

   at Jernigan Place

Baltimore MD 21230

410.659.9314 x2404

410.685.2340 (fax)

There is a Braille literacy crisis in America.  For the whole story, go
to www.braille.org <http://www.braille.org/>  .