[Nfbmd] A Word of Thanks from the National Harbor Chapter

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Sat Feb 26 02:54:28 UTC 2011

All,

Although time has lapsed, I would be remiss if I did not give a report and a
word of thanks to those of you who have helped the National Harbor Chapter
become a real chapter over this first year of its existence.    There are
two items in which I would like to make mention;

1. I am eternally grateful for those of you who donated toiletry items from
the October State Convention for our Toiletry Give-Away to homeless persons.
With the combined help of a few local churches and a neighbor who is a
dentist, we were able to compile and distribute over 100 bags at
Thanksgiving and 25 at Christmas.  We also were able to make several
donations of gift boxes for a local Women's Shelter.

2. A hearty cheer of thanks goes out to those of you who attended our first
Anniversary Luncheon in January. With a turnout of about 100 persons, the
room was filled with good laughs, thanks to Dr. Mauer, good food, and good
wishes. We also were able to unveil the "National Harbor" cheer. That
erupted much laughter and excitement as well.

For all of this and others, I am grateful and wish nothing but the best for
each of you as together we seek to enlighten the world in the
understanding of what it means to be blind!; especially in Maryland!

Sincerely,

Michelle Clark
President
National Harbor Chapter