[Nfbmd] Thanks for Joining Us in the Park!

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Sun Jun 26 16:07:36 UTC 2011

Dear Friends and Fellow Federationists,

Many things happened on this Saturday for our second annual picnic that
could be termed memorable, but the fact that you showed up was of
insurmountable faith. The fact that you keep showing up is worth extending
my continual word of thanks.

I am grateful for a beautiful day, good food, fun, and plenty of door
prizes. I kind of think those gifts along with food is what can draw many.
Is that the NFB Way?

I am grateful for a group of ladies on our committee who worked diligently
and without pause to make this effort a success. Cheryl Young was our
chairperson. When you see or talk to her, please tell her so. I think this
will make her smile.

A special word of thanks goes out to Melissa for continuing to support us in
any manner that can be done. I chuckle when I recall the voice of Austin
yell out "that's my daddy" when someone mentioned "The Blind Driver
Challenge driver was Mark Riccobono" as one of our trivia questions. The
best "shout out" goes to   Clarence Hennigan for "Ooh Baby" while all the
way over by the hotdog grill in answer to a request by his wife Tracey.

After trudging all around the parking lot and up and down that path, we all
finally made it to the lot. When you look at it from a Federation point of
view, that's the way we are accustomed to doing it.

Sincerely,

Michelle Clark
President
National Harbor Chapter

"Changing what it means to be blind in Prince Georges County!"