[Nfbmd] FW: LBPH TUG Meeting for May

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Thu Apr 26 00:27:36 UTC 2012

From: Mollyne Honor [mailto:mrhonor at LBPH.LIB.MD.US]
Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:11 PM
To: LBPH_INFO-L at LISTSRV.MSDE.STATE.MD.US
Subject: LBPH TUG Meeting for May

TECHNOLOGY USER GROUP (TUG)

WHEN:  SATURDAY, MAY 12, 2012

TIME: 10 AM TO 11:30 AM

WHERE:  LBPH, 415 PARK AVENUE, BALTIMORE

TOPIC:  OVERDRIVE

Did you know that you can get audio and e-books from your public library and
play them on your computer?  The program that they use is called Overdrive
and we will examine how to sign up for the service, search for books and
play them.  We will be using Jaws for this demonstration which is a screen
reader program.  In addition to the demonstration, we hope to have a public
librarian to discuss how Overdrive content is selected.

You do not need to RSVP for this event but if you would like more
information, please contact Jerry Price (410) 230-2446 or via email at
<mailto:jprice at lbph.lib.md.us> jprice at lbph.lib.md.us