[Nfbmd] more details about Afghan girl

Reyazuddin, Yasmin Yasmin.Reyazuddin at montgomerycountymd.gov
Mon Oct 14 13:28:48 UTC 2013

MANY people have reached out to get updates and more information about
Aisha, the little girl who was brought over from Afghanistan to get
treatment. Others have thought this to be spam, but it is not, this is
true. Aisha has been in the US for about 2 weeks now and is in the naval
medical hospital in Bethesda, MD. I have been getting updates on her
every other day. It seems that she is doing better day by day,
Alhamdulillah.

I know there was several different things being sent around, some of
which may not have been accurate. She is conscious, but she is not
talking because she needs to have a tracheotomy. This week she may have
valves put in her throat to see if she can speak. Her last surgery was
successful. They were able to take some skin from her legs and put it on
her face to cover the existing wounds. The doctors assume that her naval
passage works fine, but they don't know yet for sure. They will
reconstruct her nose in the near future. Unfortunately, her eye sight
will not come back and down the line, she will receive a prosthetic left
hand and eyes, but not now.

We have several people that are interested in adopting this little girl.
The way the process will work is that a host family will take care of
her for the next 1-2 years. In the meantime, the adoption process will
start, which will take 1-2 years. Ideally, it would be great if the host
family and adoption family were the same, but there are certain
qualifications, which I don't really know. She will be under treatment
for the next 2 or so years. Currently, her official guardians are the
Solace for the Children company, and they will try to cover her
treatment for the next 2 years. After she gets formally adopted, the
family will have to include Aisha in their insurance plan and the only
help they will get financially is the pro bono stuff that hospitals will
provide. ONCE she is in a family, we will start to collect funds to help
the family pay for her treatments. I hope this helps clears things up.

If the current families that are interested do not work out, we will
submit more people's names. Please keep her in your duaa's. Reach out to
me if you have any additional questions.

Thank you,

--

Ahmad J Rasuli

"The faith of a person will not be straight and sound until his heart is
straight and sound, and his heart will not be sound and straight until
his tongue is made straight and sound".

Yasmin Reyazuddin
Aging & Disability Services
Montgomery County Government
Department of Health & Human Services
401 Hungerford Drive (3rd floor)
Rockville MD 20850
240-777-0311 (MC311)
240-777-1556 (personal)
240-777-1495 (fax)
office hours 8:30 am 5:00 pm
Languages English, Hindi, Urdu, Braille

This message may contain protected health information or other
information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return mail and destroy
any copies of this material.

Thank you.