[Nfbmd] FW: Excel/508 expert Job Opportunity

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 13:27:51 UTC 2015

Another job opportunity. Just passing this one on.

Michelle

One of our components developed a complex Excel workbook that contains a
series of tabs, tables, Visual Basic macros, custom menus and formulas that
allow a user to verify multiple aspects of a budget request submitted by a
grant applicant. The workbook has an interface with an J2EE based business
application so that it can retrieve the budget data that is electronically
submitted with the grant applications. This tool performs multiple
operations on the data (validations, calculations, insertion and deletion of
sections, etc.) and a subset of the data is then transferred back into the
business application, where the workflow continues using the resulting data.
The current version of this workbook is not 508 compliant, but they have
committed to making it so.  They are interested in acquiring an Excel/508
expert that could work with them on a consulting basis to help with
modifications and recommendations to develop an accessible version.
Ideally the consultant would also have a background in usability design.

Recommendations for vendors who might fit the bill would be greatly
appreciated.  We are located in the DC/Maryland area, but we don't think the
vendor needs to be local.

Gary M. Morin, Program Analyst

NIH Office of the Chief Information Officer

10401 Fernwood Rd, Room 3G-17

Bethesda, MD 20892, Mail Stop: 4833

(301) 402-3924 Voice, (301) 451-9326 TTY/NTS

(240) 200 5030 Videophone; (301) 402-4464 Fax