[Nfbmd] FW: ADA event....something exciting!

Powers, Terry (NIH/NCI) [E] Terry.Powers at nih.gov
Thu Jun 11 17:02:41 UTC 2015

From: Kaufman, Steven (NIH/OD) [E]
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2015 11:24 AM
To: List ABILITIES
Subject: ADA event....something exciting!

Hello everyone and good morning,

I found an event that will be of great interest to the entire disability community, as well as those who support and/or work with them.

On Monday, July 27th, the National Disability Leadership Alliance (NDLA) will be hosting a 25th anniversary celebration of the Americans With Disabilities Act. It will take place at the Grand Hyatt, right in the heart of the Penn Quarter neighborhood, with the closest Metro being Metro Center. It is scheduled to go from 7 p.m.-11 p.m., and be attended by many prominent disability activists, administration officials, and members of Congress.

The tickets for this event are $50....I thought it was a typo at first, but I can confirm it is true. I am not sure if this falls under a "gala" type celebration....my gut seems to think it is, but I am certainly going to find out. And living in this area, having a formal outfit is kind of a requirement =)

If you want to find out more, the site is http://www.disabilityleadership.org.

Steven M. Kaufman, Program Support Assistant (CSD/IOOB/IOU)
Client Services Division, Office of Human Resources
National Institutes of Health
2115 East Jefferson Street
Rockville, MD 20852
(301) 827-9039

Customer service is my specialty. Please direct all feedback to Aurelie Eggert,  (301) 594-1609.