[Nfbmd] DVD or Power Point on Basic O and M

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 22:15:31 UTC 2015

Michelle:

I would first check with the Professional Development and Research Institute on Blindness (PDRIB) at Louisiana Tech. They're the premier resource on O & M for students and instructors alike, so I think they will be very likely to have what you need. If I remember correctly, our national Early Explorers program has a DVD about cane travel, though it may be geared more toward parents of young children (someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) I'm not sure if this is still available, however. Considering that the inquiree is a veteran, I would also encourage them to contact our veterans' division. Just some initial thoughts as someone who doesn't have any firsthand experience in this partaricular area.

Hope this helps,

Chris Nusbaum

Sent from my iPhone