[NFBMD] Regarding opportunities

Ellana Crew eemcrew at gmail.com
Sun Aug 13 21:51:41 UTC 2017

Hi there,

I actually have several relatives in that area and have been to certain parts of it numerous times. In general it is just like any other suburban area, but I will say like David that the transit system is a bit lacking there. It exists though, so you certainly won't be stranded, and like David mentioned it is fairly easy to commute to Baltimore or DC via the rails, but the bus system is definitely not the best and could be better. Nothing else blindness-specific comes to mind though, but the so-so transit is good to note. Though, in the parts I have visited, it does seem to be a pretty sidewalk-heavy area, which is nice for a suburban neighborhood.

Ellana Crew, Vice President
Maryland Association of Blind Students
Website: nfbmd.org/students
Facebook: facebook.com/mdabs.federation