[NFBMD] NFB BELL Academy Applications Are Live!

Melissa Ann Riccobono melissa at riccobono.us
Wed Jan 11 17:23:44 UTC 2017

Hello everyone,

I am pleased to announce that the application form for the 2017 NFB BELL
Academies in Maryland is now open! This is a program for children ages 4-12
who are blind or visually impaired, and who are either learning braille, or
who would benefit from gaining exposure to braille and other nonvisual
techniques. We have worked with students who have multiple disabilities in
the past, and will do all we can to work with all children. This year, our
Salisbury academy will take place July 17-July 28, excluding the weekend.
Our academies in Baltimore and Glendale will occur July 31-August 11,
excluding the weekend. Some academy highlights are: classes in braille
reading, braille writing, cane travel, and daily living skills, new
friendships, fun field trips to swimming pools, the beach, parks, etc.,
opportunities for children to interact with peers who are blind and positive
blind adult role models, craft projects, and so much more!

To apply, visit

https://nfb.org/bell-student-application-form.

A Spanish version of the application can be found at

https://nfb.org/bell-summer-program-student-application-form-spanish

If you, or families you work with, have questions, please contact Melissa
Riccobono at 443-708-3663, or

melissa at riccobono.us

We look forward to working with many children in our NFB BELL Academies this
summer!

Melissa

---