[NFBMD] shopping at walMart

Patrick Gormley kk3fradio at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 16:04:31 UTC 2018

I have been shopping at WalMart ever since I moved to Frostburg 13 years
ago.  I find that it's best to shop first thing in the morning.  Nellie is a
great shopping assistant and we normally shop from a set list that is, we
get the same things every time.  Usually this is the time when stocking
shelves happens and if you're looking for a particular item, these clerks
will point you to a specific aisle.  Recently I was looking for sugar free
syrup which we didn't find.  However, Nellie went back two days later and
found it.  I also use that same technique when I shop at Martins, Wise, and
save a lot.  Those are three grocery stores that serve our immediate area
and two of the three are in LaVale which is the major shopping area up here.
One humorous way to get around the 3 bag limit on the bus is to find the
largest wheeled suitcase and after you pay for everything pug everything
into the suitcase.  Nellie and I have come home with as many as 30 bags of
groceries.  Invariably we end up taking a taxi back because up here we need
to keep our freezers full.  In fact one time recently one of the bus drivers
was helping us with our bags and he couldn't believe all we had.