[NFBMD] When You Have a Blind Patient

Michelle Clark mcikeyc at aol.com
Sun Aug 26 20:17:20 UTC 2018

Fellow Federationists,

After my own experiences and hearing stories of other blind persons while
under medical care, in hospitals, or in rehabilitation facilities, etc., I
have found there is often an information  void of how to treat a patient who
happens to be blind.  Therefore, I am in search of information that can be
used to assist medical personnel. When they we are in their care.

In my own experience, I am very vocal and do not have trouble assuring they
understand the kind of care I expect. However, there are others who need
assistance. So, I am not trying to reinvent the wheel if I do not have to. I
am reaching out to this community for material as my first step.

I would be appreciative if there is a resource in which you are aware,
please send it to me.  If it is general information, I am certain there are
others who can use the info. However, not to clutter the list, if you have a
bulk of info, please send it to me at my personal email mcikeyc at aol.com.

My plan is to eventually  share this to anyone who is interested as this
information would help us all. I am grateful for any assistance that can be
provided.

Thanks,

Michelle