[NFBMD] FW: When you were born matters

Karen Swauger karen at pmpmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:15:54 UTC 2021

karen

Original Message:
From: "Sandy Harding" <bluegrassgirl51 at gmail.com>
To: "Sandy Harding" <bluegrassgirl51 at gmail.com>
Subject: When you were born matters
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2021 18:27:23 -0500

Still trying to lighten my day!!

Born 1925 - 195 5

The best years to be born in the history of Earth & we got to experience
it all. Thank God for all the times, the adventures, wars won, technology
developed. Generations after future generations will never experience what
we did What a generation we turned out to be.

To Those of Us Born
1925 - 1955:

At the end of this email is a quote of the month by Jay Leno.

If you don't read anything else, Please read what he said.
~~~~~~~~~
TO ALL THE
KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE
1930's, 40's and 50's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who may have smoked and/or drank
- While they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't
get tested for diabetes.

Then, after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby
cribs
Covered with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or
cabinets,
and, when we rode our bikes,
we had baseball caps,
not helmets, on our heads.

As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no
booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no
brakes.

Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special
treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one
actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid
made with real white sugar.  And we weren't overweight.
WHY?
Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were
back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day and, we were OKAY.

We would spend hours building
our go-carts out of scraps and
then ride them down the hill,
Only to find out that we forgot about brakes.
After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the
problem.

We did not Have
Play Stations, Nintendo
and X-boxes. There were
No video games,
No 150 channels on cable,
No video movies
Or DVDs,
No surround-sound or CDs,
No cell phones,
No personal computers,
No Internet and
No chat rooms.
WE HAD FRIENDS
And we went
Outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut,
Broke bones and Lost teeth,
And there were
No lawsuits
>From those accidents.

We would get
Spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping-pong paddles,
or just a bare hand,
And no one would call child services to report abuse.

We were given
BB guns for our 10th birthdays,
22 rifles for our 12th, rode horses,
made up games with sticks and
tennis balls, and although we were
told it would happen - we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes
or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell,
or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts
And not everyone
made the team.
Those who didn't had to
learn to deal with disappointment.

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent
bailing us out
if we broke the law
was unheard of ...
They actually sided with the law!

These generations have
produced some of the best risk-takers,
problem solvers, and
inventors ever.

The past 60 to 85 years
have seen an explosion
of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom,
failure, success and responsibility,
and we learned how to deal with it all.

If you are one of those born
between 1925 &1955, CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want
to share this with others who have had the luck to grow
up as kids before the lawyers and the government
regulated so much of our lives for our own good.

While you are at it,
forward this to your kids
so they will know
how brave and lucky
their parents were.

Kind of makes
you want to run through the house
with scissors, doesn't it ?

~~~~~~~
The quote of-the month
by Jay Leno:

"With hurricanes, tornadoes,
fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing
up the
country from one end to another, and with the threat ofcoronavirus
andterrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of
the Pledge of Allegiance?"

For those who
prefer to think that God is not
watching over us...
go ahead and delete this.
For the rest of us.. please pass this on.

Sent from my iPhone