[NFBMD] Quick Survey: Visual Translator

president at nfbmd.org president at nfbmd.org
Fri Apr 22 18:48:31 UTC 2022

Hi Everyone,

I spoke with Lou Ann Blake, and she said it was OK if I posted the below.

My sister is a high school STEM teacher with Chicago Public Schools, and her
students have been working on developing a technological device they've
called the "Visual Translator."  This device uses cameras on either end of
glasses that view and analyze information such as wall menus, street signs,
traffic, photos, and other information.  The device then communicates that
information audibly.  I think of it as like Aira but using artificial
intelligence and instant technological feedback.

The students have entered their Visual Translator in a contest sponsored by
Motorola with a chance at having it developed, produced, and marketed.
Motorola requires those who enter this contest to obtain feedback about the
concept from the stakeholders who will use it.  I'm hoping you might help my
sister's students out by taking the brief survey at the link below.  It'll
take maybe five minutes.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1HesA1GOMpBBjqYqSnQOXpjFyCNJ3CYV8zi6K_LPyBlE
/edit?ts=6262cece

If you have questions, please reach out to Lina Zayed at
linazayed86 at gmail.com <mailto:linazayed86 at gmail.com> .

Thanks so much.

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President