[NFBMD] Celebrate Louis Braille's birthday

Deborah deborahb14 at verizon.net
Fri Jan 21 23:05:35 UTC 2022

 You are invited to a virtual birthday celebration for Louis Braille
tomorrow, Saturday, January 22 at 2:00.  We will learn about Louis Braille
and hear how his marvelous six-dot code spread throughout the world.

The Zoom information is below.  I am also attaching a PDF with an embedded
link and QR code.

This event is sponsored by the Sligo Creek Chapter of the National
Federation of the Blind of Maryland, the Montgomery County Public Libraries,
and the Library Accessibility Advisory Committee.  We are using the
library's Zoom link, and tney require you to have a Zoom account ( a free
one is fine).  You will need to log in with your Zoom username and password.
If you are on a landline phone or old-fashionede cell phone (the kind with
buttons), you do not need to worry about a Zoom account.

Join the Sligo Creek Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of
Maryland, the Montgomery County Public Libraries' Accessibility Advisory
Committee, and the Davis Library in celebrating the birthday of Louis
Braille (1809-1852), the inventor of the writing system still used by blind
people all over the world today.
On Saturday, January 22, 2022, from 2:00 to 3:00 pm we will celebrate
Braille Around the World virtually with members of the blind community and
their friends who have learned braille in many different languages.
We will hear stories, play games, and learn about the life of the
fascinating young nineteenth-century Frenchman who invented the system of
dot writing used around the world.
Join the celebration here: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/83176471198
Meeting ID: 831 7647 1198
Dial in: 301 715 8592
By joining this Virtual MCPL program, you agree to abide by our rules of
conduct <https://montgomerycountymd.gov/library/policies/behavior.html> .
Library staff has the authority to remove you from this program if we deem
your behavior to be inappropriate, to ensure the safety of staff and
customers.

Learn about MCPL's Zoom Security Settings
<https://montgomerycountymd.gov/library/policies/zoom.html>