[NFBMD] Imagineering Our Future: Cooking Without Vision

Mark Riccobono, President of the National Federation of the Blind IOF at nfb.org
Mon Nov 21 22:49:42 UTC 2022

 		 [1]

IMAGINEERING OUR FUTURE

-------------------------

PRESIDENT'S LETTER

When I am traveling, I encounter the spirit of determination of our
movement, but I also hear the difficult stories of discrimination and low
expectations that we continue to face. Read more from President Riccobono
[2].

RAISING EXPECTATIONS IN THE KITCHEN

"I gained experience deep frying by making apple fritters and working with
a whole chicken by spatchcock. Cooking for other people once made me
nervous but now I enjoy cooking for my peers." More about cooking with
confidence [3].

LATEST NEWS AT THE NFB

Braille Readers Are Leaders Contest registration opens, blind voter survey
launched, Early Childhood Initiatives include Santa and Winter Celebration
Letters [4], and Vispero Challenge Grant [5] runs through December. Read
more news [6].

TAKE ACTION THIS MONTH

Help us meet our goal to match $50,000 from Vispero by contributing [7],
attend the next Presidential Release live [8], and check out the latest
_Nation's Blind Podcast [9]_ celebrating tomorrow's teachers of blind
students. More actions this month [10].

IMPORTANT DATES

Don't miss upcoming Accessibility Boutiques, the Santa & Winter Celebration
letter request deadline, Presidential Release live, and more events. Review
the calendar of events [11].

Read the complete issue online [2]

characteristic that defines blind people or their future. Every day we
raise the expectations of and for blind people, because low expectations
create obstacles between blind people and our dreams. We can live the lives
we want; blindness is not what holds us back. Please join us in our work by
becoming a member, attending an event, sharing this newsletter, or
supporting our programs.

 		 [12]
 		 [13]
 		 [14]
 		 [15]

 		 [7]

 		 National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD
21230 | 410-659-9314

 		 Unsubscribe [16] | Opt Out [17] | Sign Up for Our E-newsletter [18]

 		 200 East Wells St.
Baltimore, 21230
United States
..