[NFBMD] Next TLC Chapter Meeting on Monday, October 17 (Virtual) Featuring Tom Bickford (Author of the Care and Feeding of the Long White Cane) as a Guest Speaker

Ellen Ringlein germlish77 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 23:14:25 UTC 2022

Dear TLC Chapter Members and Friends,

Our next TLC chapter meeting is just around the corner. We will be meeting
virtually this month. Please join us on Monday, October 17, at 7:00 PM via
Zoom (Zoom details are at the end of this message).

We will be talking about what is going on at NFB at the chapter, affiliate,
and national levels. Come and find out what will be happening at our state
convention next month. Tyron Bratcher will be giving us "A Hint from a
Member."

In honor of White Cane Awareness Day (October 15) Tom Bickford , author of
The Care and Feeding of the Long White Cane, will be our guest speaker this
month. Learn some tips and tricks for using your long white cane in many
different situations. Please consider inviting your family and friends to
learn about the white cane.

Tom Bickford's book is available from the NFB Independence Market in print
and Braille. The audio version is available on NLS BARD (DB37053). And the
text can also be found online at
https://nfb.org/sites/nfb.org/files/images/nfb/publications/books/cfcane/can
etc.htm

To dial into the meeting, call 301-715-8592. Once the call connects and you
are prompted, you will then need to enter the meeting ID, which is: 898 9929
7379. You will then need to enter the passcode 040147. The link is:

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89899297379?pwd=VWdtckVSYmV3YkpvQVdQZllHdlJzdz09
You can also simply tap the following number on your smart phone:
+13017158592,,89899297379#,,*040147#.

We look forward to talking with you all via Zoom on Monday.

Cordially,

Ellen Ringlein, Secretary

National Federation of the Blind TLC Chapter