[NFBMD] Update: Progress on Guide Dog Bill - Senate Passage of SB 535

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Sat Apr 1 13:04:52 UTC 2023

Hi Everyone,
Things are looking good for our guide dog bills.  The relevant committee in
the House gave a favorable report to both our Senate and House versions of
the bills and conformed them.  The House of Delegates has heard the bills
for the first time and will vote on them Monday afternoon.  They'll cross
over to the Senate Tuesday.  Since the House amended the Senate bill, the
Senate will need to either accept or reject the amendments.  We've
negotiated with the Senate so they intend to accept the House amendments.
Once they do that, our bill will become law, conditional on Governor Moore
signing it.

Stay tuned, and watch the House and Senate proceedings early this week to
see how NFB collective action becomes real and meaningful change for us all!

Ronza Othman, President
443-426-4110