[NFBMD] Announcing 2023 Maryland National and State Scholarship Finalists

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Sun May 14 03:18:53 UTC 2023

The National Federation of the Blind of Maryland is delighted to have one
NFB National Scholarship finalist and three NFB of Maryland John T. McCraw
Scholarship finalists.

Tyler Hoppe has been selected as an NFB national scholarship finalist.
Tyler will be a junior at Penn State University in the Fall,  majoring in
Political Science.  Tyler plans to attend law school and become a politician
with his sights set on the U.S. Senate.

Shuketha Johnson is an NFB of Maryland state scholarship finalist.  She will
be attending Coppin State University working toward a Masters Degree in
Addiction Counseling.  Shuketa intends to work toward ending
intergenerational addiction.

Osoluchokwu (Oso) Ozo-Onyali is also an NFB of Maryland scholarship
finalist.  Oso will be attending the University of Delaware as an incoming
freshman.  She plans to study cognitive science with the goal of becoming a
psychiatrist.

Sherria Young-Smith is also an NFB of Maryland scholarship finalist.
Sherria will attend St. Mary's Ecumenical Institution where she plans to
earn a Doctorate in Ministry.  She will also worked toward a paralegal
degree at Baltimore County Community College.  Sherria plans to be a
paralegal, focusing on youth, children, and juvenile crime cases.  She also
plans to continue her church ministry.

You'll see and hear from all four of our scholarship finalists at the NFB
National Convention and at our NFB of Maryland State Convention.

Congratulations to the Class of 2023!

Yours,

Ronza

Ronza Othman, President