[NFBMD] Recruitment for a survey study of professionals who are Blind or low vision and have experience with data analysis

Maryland President president at nfbmd.org
Sat May 27 22:13:25 UTC 2023

Please see below an opportunity for participating in a survey from our friend and ally Jonathan Lazar.  I’d encourage all those eligible to consider participating.

Our research team from the University of Maryland College Park, supervised by Dr. Niklas Elmqvist and Dr. Jonathan Lazar, aims to understand the current data analysis practices of blind or low-vision professionals working with data analysis.

We are recruiting participants who are blind or have low vision, are 21 years of age or older, and have professional experience with data analysis. If you feel that you meet these criteria, we request that you fill out a quick screener survey, which should take you no more than 5 minutes and asks you about your experience with conducting data analysis. If you are interested in participating, please complete the following quick screener survey at

https://umdsurvey.umd.edu/jfe/form/SV_do3f8a3peGCxVCm

If you meet the requirements of the study, we will contact you about filling out the entire survey. Participation is voluntary and if you meet the screening requirements and fill out the entire survey, you will be compensated with a $10 gift card for your participation.

The experiences and data shared will be anonymized before sharing or publishing as a resource for future academic research. Data collected from the screening survey will be deleted if you do not qualify for the study. However, we would like to remind you that any suspected fraud or abuse will result in forfeiture of compensation and removal of data.This research study has been approved by the University of Maryland IRB [1622155-6] and has also been approved by the NFB Research Advisory Board. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Pramod (pchundur at umd.edu <mailto:pchundur at umd.edu> ).

Ronza Othman, President

443-426-4110

Pronouns: she, her, hers