[NFBMD] Netflix screening mentioned at yesterday's chapter meeting

Danielsen, Chris CDanielsen at nfb.org
Sun Oct 22 18:03:55 UTC 2023

Hello all:

Yesterday at the Greater Baltimore Chapter meeting, President Riccobono mentioned a screening of a new Netflix series taking place the evening of Wednesday, November 1, at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. Below and attached is more information about the screening, as received from Netflix. The attachment probably is not accessible, but all of the information is below, including a description of the attachment. Please let me know by no later than Friday, October 27, if you are interested in attending this event. Importantly, the young actress who plays the lead role is blind, representing a commitment to authentic casting by Netflix and the producers of the limited series. This is in no small part due to the advocacy of the National Federation of the Blind.

Please note: Netflix has allotted sixty tickets for area members of the National Federation of the Blind. I'll put interested individuals on the list on a first-come, first-served basis. At this time, no group transportation is planned.

If you are unable to attend the screening but wish to view the series, it will be available on Netflix beginning November 2.

Warmly,

Chris

You are invited to a special screening of the Netflix limited series ALL THE LIGHT WE CANNOT SEE, followed by a conversation with Shawn Levy (Director/Executive Producer), Anthony Doerr (Author), and Joe Strechay (Associate Producer/Blindness and Accessibility Consultant), moderated by Jason Broughton (Director of the Library of Congress National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled).

SCREENING DETAILS