[NFBMD] [MD-Sligo] Want to Help with a PhotoShoot About Voting at NFB on September 13?

Blake, Lou Ann LBlake at nfb.org
Mon Sep 11 12:29:12 UTC 2023

Hi Corey,

Please contact Monica Wiley at NDRN. Her email address is mailto:monica.wiley at ndrn.org.  Monica will be able to tell you if assistance with transportation is available.

Lou Ann

-----Original Message-----
From: NFBMD <nfbmd-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Corey Thompson via NFBMD
Sent: Saturday, September 9, 2023 12:11 AM
To: Sligo Creek Chapter list, NFB of Maryland <md-sligo at nfbnet.org>
Cc: Corey Thompson <trustycorey at gmail.com>; nfb-maryland at nfbnet.org; nfbmd at nfbnet.org; greater-baltimore at nfbnet.org; nfbmdtlc-chapter at nfbnet.org; central-md-chapter at nfbnet.org; md-atlarge at nfbnet.org; nationalharbor at nfbnet.org; mabm at nfbnet.org; mdabs at nfbnet.org; mdpobc at nfbnet.org; NFB of Maryland, Baltimore County List <md-baltimore-county at nfbnet.org>; State President, Maryland <President at nfbmd.org>
Subject: Re: [NFBMD] [MD-Sligo] Want to Help with a PhotoShoot About Voting at NFB on September 13?

To Whom It May Concern,

I am wondering if any volunteers would be able to recieve assistance with transportation to and from the video shoot. Some of us do not live live in or near Baltimore, but really would like to be able to participate. If Someone could contact me ASAP at the following:
Primary Tele: (240) 701-7725, Secondary Tele: (202) 5072557, or via
email: trustycorey at gmail.com

Respectfully Submitted,

Corey Thompson, NFB Sligo Creek Chapter.

On 9/7/23, Maryland President via MD-Sligo <md-sligo at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> See below request.
>

> Ronza Othman, President
>
> National Federation of the Blind of Maryland
>
> 443-426-4110
>
> Pronouns: she, her, hers
>

> Good afternoon:
>

> NDRN/NFB are doing a photo shoot of people with disabilities voting
> and working as poll workers in Baltimore. Please forward this
> opportunity to anyone who you think may be interested in volunteering
> (lunch and stipend included).  Thank you!
>

> "On September 13, we will set up a "polling place" at National
> Federation of the Blind's offices in Baltimore and take photos and
> video of voters waiting in line, checking in with a pollbook, marking
> and casting their ballots, etc. that will be used as stock footage for
> reports, websites, and social media by us and our partners (National
> Disability Rights Network, National Federation of the Blind, and
> Disability Rights Maryland).
>

> We are looking for volunteers who:
>
> *	Have all types of disabilities
> *	Are non-disabled or appear non-disabled
> *	Are from diverse backgrounds (race/ethnicity, gender identity, age,
> etc.)
>

> Volunteers will:
>
> *	Participate from 10:30am until midafternoon
> *	Get a free lunch during the photoshoot
> *	Receive a $50 stipend if they are volunteering in their personal
> time
>

> Please contact Monica Wiley at monica.wiley at ndrn.org
> <mailto:monica.wiley at ndrn.org>  to sign up!"
>

> Thank you!
>

> Megan Berger, Esq. (she/her)
>
> Legal Director
> Disability Rights Maryland
>
> 1500 Union Avenue, Suite 2000; Baltimore, MD 21211
>
> Office: 443-692-2504
> Megan.Berger at DisabilityRightsMD.org
> <mailto:Megan.Berger at DisabilityRightsMD.org>
>

> <http://www.disabilityrightsmd.org
> ilityrightsmd.org>
>

> CFC National Capital#: 76352
>
> CFC Central MD/ United Way #: 32193
>
> You shop. Amazon gives. Search 'Disability Rights Maryland' on
> <http://www.smile.amazon.com
> .amazon.com> smile.amazon.com
>

> <http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?llr=adydojsab&p=oi&m=111915577
> or.r20.constantcontact.com
> 3536&sit=m5bx9xgjb&f=0057798e-f755-463d-9a6d-6e04fc1bd4c3> Subscribe
> to our E-Newsletter!
>

> Confidentiality Notice:   This email may contain confidential information
> that may also be legally privileged and that is intended only for the
> use of the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify me immediately via the Reply button and
> delete the email from your computer system.
> If you received this email as a DRM client, please do not share this
> message without talking to the sender.  Keeping this email
> confidential protects your attorney-client privilege.
> If you received this e-mail as co-counsel, agent or retained expert of
> DRM, you should maintain its contents in confidence in order to
> [...]

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFBMD:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfbmd_nfbnet.org/lblake%40nfb.org

Disclaimer