[NFBMD] Next TLC Chapter Meeting Tomorrow, June 11 (Virtual) - Guest Speaker: Dr. Conchita Hernandez Legorreta

Ellen Ringlein germlish77 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 02:42:14 UTC 2024

Dear TLC Chapter Members and Friends,

Our TLC chapter meeting is coming up tomorrow; we will be meeting virtually
over Zoom on Tuesday, June 11. Our regular meeting date is the second
Tuesday of the month. The official meeting is scheduled to run from 7:00 to
9:00 PM; the meeting will be preceded and followed by fifteen minutes of
social time for those who would like to mix and mingle with chapter members
and friends. We use the NFB of Maryland's Zoom account when we meet
virtually (Zoom details are at the end of this message).

During the meeting We will be talking about what is going on at NFB at the
chapter, affiliate and national levels. We will also hear about a helpful
hint from a member.

Our guest speaker is our own Dr. Conchita Hernandez Legorreta. Conchita is
an advocate for blind children and currently works at the Maryland School
for the Blind. She also consulted on the documentary "Unseen," with some of
us watched last month at our in-person get together. We look forward to what
she has to share.

If you missed the live Presidential Release from May 30, you can still
listen to it at the following link:

https://www.youtube.com/live/CB-iVed9i3M?feature=shared
<https://www.youtube.com/live/CB-iVed9i3M?feature=shared&t=307> &t=307

The live version of the Presidential Release always has additional content,
which does not make it onto the audio version we will be playing at the
chapter meeting.

At the last meeting we drew the winner of our AirPod/AirTag raffle, Briley
O'Connor from Minnesota. Joel Zimba sold the lucky ticket. A big thank you
to all who sold tickets and to those who supported the chapter by making
donations.

To dial into the meeting on June 11th, call 301-715-8592. Once the call
connects and you are prompted, you will then need to enter the meeting ID,
which is 624 813 8327. You will then need to enter the passcode 63263.

The link is:

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/6248138327?pwd=eTZlYUgwR3ZQVVl1dXBLSHcrbml1QT09
<https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/6248138327?pwd=eTZlYUgwR3ZQVVl1dXBLSHcrbml1QT09&o
mn=93716728420> &omn=93716728420

You can also simply tap the following number on your smart phone:
+13017158592,, 6248138327#,,,,*63263.

We look forward to talking with you all via Zoom on Tuesday.

Cordially,

Ellen Ringlein, Secretary

National Federation of the Blind of Maryland TLC Chapter