[Nfbmdtlc-chapter] Mobility and State Convention

Nicole D. Fincham nicoledfincham at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 02:42:33 UTC 2014

Hello,

I hope this finds you well. I know everyone is excited about the upcoming state convention this weekend at the Sheraton Hotel in Towson Maryland. I just want to let everyone know that MTA is updating its phone system in mobility this coming weekend. The transition from the old phone system to the new phone system is scheduled to take place this coming Saturday, November 15, 2014.

I am not sure how many of you are planning to catch MTA mobility to and from the Sheraton Hotel. If you are planning to catch mobility, I would suggest to make all reservations no later than Wednesday, November 12, 2014. Also, I would suggest to have a plan B in a fact if you are planning to catch mobility either Saturday, November 15 or Sunday, November 16, 2014.  MTA has stated that this transition should only take one day, which would be Saturday, November 15, 2014. However, those of you who have been riding mobility for years, may remember several years ago when they made a transition to the current phone system, it took several weeks. They have stated that the old phone system will be able to work concurrent with the new phone system until they are able to make sure there are no kinks in the new phone system can function properly. We shall see how that goes!!!

If you are taking mobility, or know someone who is planning to take mobility, I would suggest that you have a plan B in case you are not able to get through to the phone on Saturday or Sunday, and possibly through next week. I would suggest either using taxi access or make private transportation arrangements. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me. I will try to answer any questions that I am able to do so. Please pass this information on to any and all individuals that you know who use mobility. I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend. It will be a great time in Towson Maryland at the state convention. Thank you.

Nicole D. Fincham
Home Phone: 410-832-0183
Cell Phone: 410-493-4461
Sent from my iPhone